November 06, 2007

I ♥ Jack O'Lantern, Robyn, Guy Fawkes and wigs. Lots and lots of wigs.

I had a second interview on Halloween, which, while short, was still somehow exhausting. The most I got up to was making Jack O'Lantern biscuits. (Cookies? It's so hard being an American werewolf on London.)

So, the bulk of my Halloween fun was provided by Alix who came home from a Halloween pub quiz with her workmates (They came in first and won an MP3 player!).

Mark got in on the wig action too.


The next night we saw Robyn with Rick, John and Cesca. We met and had a couple pints at Ruby Lounge before heading over to Scala. The show was amazing. Go see Robyn. She’s fun, she’s amazing. Here she is singing ‘Cobrastyle’ at the show.


We went to Alexandra Palace to see the Guy Fawkes festivities. The fireworks were amazing. We had a great nighttime view of London as well. We could see fireworks going off all over the city. There’s usually a bonfire and an effigy to burn, but we were in the wrong spot…I did take this amazing video, though. Can you get a sense of how amazing the display was, the pageantry?

Here’s a better video of the same event by someone with a lot more skill and camera power than me.

My failed attempt at taking a photo of the fireworks. This is the best shot. Always a second too late...

We all headed over to the The Noble afterward. Nice beer, nice people. Too much beer perhaps? Alix, Mark and I got into the wigs at home…
Mark channels Pete Burns.

My glamour shot.


Mark and I went to the garden centre at Alexandra Palace where Royce was working to by an allow plant and found this dirty bird feeder...


And Maja had a baby! I have a Danish nephew, Frede Emil. I can't wait to see photos.

No comments: